As a part of ease of doing business, the Government of India has launched new web service “RUN” (Reserve Unique Name) for reserving name of proposed Company and for changing the name of existing Company, w.e.f 26th January 2018 to make the process of incorporation smooth, speedy & simple.
Now under RUN, one can apply for name reservation by logging in to MCA portal and without Digital Signature Certificate and DIN.
The procedure for reservation of name under RUN is very simple and time saving. Following are the steps:
- Log In to MCA portal, if you are a registered user or register your self and log in to MCA portal
- After log in click on RUN (Reserve Unique Name) under the head MCA Services
- Select from the drop box, the appropriate ‘Entity Type’ in case name is being reserved for incorporating a new company
- In case name is being reserved for change of name of an existing company, enter the CIN
- Enter the proposed name
- Click on the ‘Auto check’ button after entering the proposed name. Ensure that any change in the proposed name shall also be validated by clicking the Auto check button.
- Enter the objects of the proposed Company and any other relevant comments in the Comments field
- Attach the relevant document supporting the proposed name. Please note that only one file is allowed to be uploaded as an attachment and the size of the file should not exceed 6MB. In case of multiple attachments, please scan all documents as a single file and then upload
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button to proceed for payment of Rs. 1,000/-
- On successful submission of the proposed name in RUN service, SRN will be generated and shown to you which will be used for future correspondence with MCA
- Name applied for will either be approved or rejected and no resubmission is allowed.
- Under RUN service, there is no requirement of providing numbers and details of proposed directors.
Maximum Number of days to reserve the name
(i) 20 days from the date of approval (in case name is being reserved for a new company) or
(ii) 60 days from the date of approval (in case of change of name of an existing company)